Surgery went well yesterday morning - the doctor who did it was really happy he was able to get the stitch up as high as he did and he said I have a lot more room now - I think he tripled or quadrupled the amount I had left. I was awake the whole time - they just numbed me hips down like an epidural, only worse because I couldn't move AT ALL with this for about 2 hours and with the epidural I was able to move around at least a little the whole time. But I didn't feel anything, so I guess it was ok :) But it was funny to listen to the doctors, nurses and anesthesiologist during the procedure. They kept looking over and saying "Oh, you're wide awake" like they were surprised. They didn't give me anything to put me to sleep, so I don't know why they kept expecting me to just pass out. The thing I liked the most was it seemed like their first priority was I was warm - every blanket the put on me had been pre-warmed, the bed I was on had a heating pad on it, the gown I was in had a tube they hooked up to it that let warm air blow through it, someone was right next to me the whole time and whenever I moved even a little, they made sure the blanket was put right back if it shifted at all. I know it was to help my body not go into shock, but I like to think they were just being very nice.
Because I'm dilated to a one, they wanted to watch me overnight at the hospital just to make sure my water didn't spontaneously break or my contractions didn't go out of control, even though the doctor said it was just a slight precaution and they weren't really worried about me. After the surgery I started feeling contraction after contraction - none painful, but a lot of them. They said it was normal since they were messing around with the cervix and gave me stuff to calm them down. By the time I left the hospital this morning they were gone and I haven't felt them since. They still have me on modified bedrest, but no specifications with it, just take it easy, stay off my feet as much as possible and don't lift heavy stuff. So with the situation, this was by far the best case scenario and I'm extremely grateful everything worked out the way it did.
In other news, Jacob's figured out how to move around pretty well - it's still pulling his knees under him and flopping forward, then doing it over and over till he gets where he wants to go, but when he's close enough to what he wants, he'll flop forward and grab at the same time, so we have to be really careful whenever he gets within about a foot of what he's going for, because he's fast. I'll take a video and post it.
2 comments:
I am glad surgery went well. Lily rolls instead of crawling and she is way fast too!
I'm glad you guys are having more kids. Children this stinking cute need to be produced in mass supply. I'm glad your cervical plug thing went well and hope it keeps you clammed up until BIG is perfectly cooked.
Post a Comment