Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shopping

I like it when Bryan requests a blog post, especially when it makes fun of him. A while ago he was watching a Peep and the Big Wide World and gave me a full discourse as to why that specific episode was absolutely ridiculous. He asked me to do a blog post on it, the decided I wouldn't do it justice so he's working on that one - be excited for it!!

Today we went to Smith's and I forgot my list so I was frustrated plus the kids were hungry so they were cranky. We've never been to this Smith's before so Bryan couldn't focus - he was looking everywhere at once. The combination wasn't awesome. I bought the kids some cookies and that calmed them down, then I figured out what we needed, even though I still forgot 2 things, but whatever. Bryan got to wander around a little and found some things that blew his mind, like the self-serve bread slicing machine. By the time we were done we were all pretty calm, which was an achievement. After we got loaded in and were driving away, Bryan asked me if it helps or hinders for him to come along when I go shopping.

He's a wanderer, browser, bargain hunter and doesn't take into account what time it is and how long the kids can handle it and I'm a get in, get what we need and get out, especially when the kids are there. So it escalates the frustration when he's there when I need to just go get what I need or if I forget my list and am trying to remember and he's wandering away, not grabbing what I need, telling me to look at stuff, wandering away.....half the time I leave him with the cart because he'll sometimes stay close to me when he's pushing the cart, half the time I push the cart and just let him wander because I figure he'll eventually find his way back.  When we have time to browse it's fun to have him come.

That's what I told him and he sat there for a minute, then said quietly, "I was hinting you should do a blog post."

A few days after we went to Smith's, I went to Target by myself with the boys. After chasing them around the home section for about 5 minutes, I decided shopping is better with Bryan, even if we do have to wander around a little.

No comments: