Sunday, January 27, 2013

Phone Pictures

 Most of the time if Gus sees me doing something on my phone he assumes I want to take a picture, so he walks around saying "Cheese! Cheese!" I can't help it - I have to take a picture

Our gingerbread projects. I did a village with the help of 4 little boys

Bryan took a train kit and made a monster truck. This is the front. I think the thing on the side is a gingerbread man that got run over.


 This is the side. This year was one of his better projects. 


Jacob handed me a page of stickers, took one off and put it on his own face. So I assumed he wanted me to do this. He sat so still while I did it.

Watching Saturday morning cartoons
The boys were sick with colds for about a week around the beginning of the new year. Usually Jacob has it for at least a week and Gus has it for a month. I'd been hearing a lot about essential oils and figured it'd be worth a shot, so I got some eucalyptus blend rub and we put it on the boys once a day and at night. While I'm not going to become a spokesman for essential oils, the boys colds were significantly shorter than usual. It was really nice.
Gus can do pretty much everything Jacob can do and is starting to wrestle back when Jacob tackles him. It's pretty fun to watch. They find the weirdest stuff and think it's hilarious. Yesterday I overheard them them belly laughing and went in to find them playing with the water dispenser on the refrigerator. They touched it for a second, a short stream of water would come out, they'd crack up, then do it again. Jacob has a video that teaches the sounds of each letter and Gus has started watching it too. Jacob will walk around singing the songs or if he sees a letter he'll make the sound and Gus has started copying him. Gus doesn't say many words yet, he mostly just makes a lot of sound effects, so it's interesting to see him copy Jacob with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Road trips are hard. We're thinking of going to Disneyland in a couple of months...I don't know why we like to torture ourselves with a long road trip every year. But the kids got leapster explorers for Christmas, so I think that will really help this time.