Sunday, June 9, 2013

Random


 Some people may call this weird. I call this Tuesday.

 This is how we roll around Walmart. This wasn't even for him, but he laid claim to it right away and made car noises the entire time he was "riding" it

 First time getting shaved ice. Jacob is so excited.....


 Walking around Lowes on a Saturday morning. He has his backpack, map, telescope and sword. Those birds in the garden area better watch their backs.

 I love how much he loves this hat

 A couple of weeks ago I gave him a few skittles and he saw where the bag went. He hasn't tried to get to it, so I figured he forgot. Nope. This was Friday.

Good times, good times


We got a gift card from Bryan's aunt Kathy (Thank You!!) to Chuck E. Cheese for the boys birthdays and have gone a couple of times. They love it and it's been fun for us as well. Usually we go on a weekday afternoon, so it's not crowded. I can't imagine what it would be like on a Friday night or Saturday. 
Gus generally finds one or two rides he loves and sticks to them.

 I apparently don't have pictures of Jacob. I'll put Bryan on that task the next time we go. Jacob generally runs around trying tons of different stuff and mostly getting excited by the lights. He really likes the mechanical animals and dances around with them.

 Bryan's mom got us some 3D Dinosaur cookie cutters and they worked really well. Jacob was excited how the cookies turned out.


 I drew Jacob a map and sent him on a quest. It was fun until I tried to convince him some goldfish crackers were his treasure and he refused them

 The trike we bought at Walmart turned out to be a little too small for Jacob but it really helped him figure out pedaling (and Gus still thinks it's his, which has turned into a bit of an issue). So Bryan's mom offered to get him a bike. He was so, so proud of himself for knowing how to ride it

He picked out his own helmet or "bike hat" as he calls it

Just fyi, I just realized how many pictures have his backpack in them. He carries around a few of his little plastic animals and sometimes his binoculars. It's generally empty though.

I had my 32 week appointment last week and my doctor had me schedule my cerclage removal for my 36 week appointment when I scheduled my 34 week appointment. I told him my last cerclage removal was traumatic and he promised me if it looked like the stitch would be difficult to get to he'd stop and we'd go to the hospital. I have felt painless contractions fairly frequently and can't pick up the boys without feeling like I need to immediately put them down because the pressure immediately increases. My doctor just says as long as I'm not feeling pain I'm good. I jinxed myself though. My ankles usually don't swell until a few weeks before I go into labor and the other night I told Bryan that even though I was feeling more contractions, my feet still weren't swelling. Then last night, the left ankle started swelling a little tiny bit, so Bryan started freaking out.....nut case. 

While it's possible that he'll cut the stitch and I'll stay pregnant for a few more weeks, the fact that the baby could come July 1st kind of freaked me out. We have to get the car reconfigured to fit everyone and I'm still working on a bed for the new kid, as well as settling officially on a name. I finished going through the stuff for the first year and it's ridiculous how much stuff we've accumulated. But at least we have everything we need and just need to stock up on diapers and formula. So technically, I really only have like a half hour worth of stuff to do, but it's still freaking me out. 

4 comments:

Bryan G said...

you were supposed to say that my freaking out was related to the baby falling out and thus requiring me to touch the slimy thing before someone cleaned him off

Monica said...

Haha good call Bryan. Love all the random info!

Anonymous said...

Baby three was so hard on me. So whenever anyone talks about adding their third, I get freaked out and stressed for them...hahaha! Hope three is seamless for you. Three stunk for me, because it was the first time I was sick the whole pregnancy, it was my first girl, who came with a birth defect they told us could cause serious health issues, and #2 is the hardest kid around.So really, I'm sure you will hadn't three much better than I! Haha! Bryan! Needing to touch the slimy thing before someone cleaned him off! Hahahahaha!

Naazju said...

I had NO IDEA they make 3D cookie cutters and am now Googling where to buy some.
Uh, and your kids are cute and I'm glad your pregnancy is still going well.
But really, I'm super excited for 3D cookie cutters! ;)