Sunday, November 24, 2013

Family pictures








It's a good thing I like this picture, because those dang kids would not stop moving and this is the only one where everyone's head is actually stationary. Bryan said he'd do a family picture if we were all in 49er gear, so we attempted it yesterday morning.

 When Jacob was born, Bryan's mom said she wanted to make him an I Spy quilt. She got little swatches of material from all over the place and got it finished a few months ago. The kids love it - we just rotate it and suddenly they don't know where anything is anymore. It's amazing, though, how fast they can find pictures on this quilt and in their I Spy books, yet can't seem to find anything I tell them to look for in real life ("Jacob. Your shoe. It is LITERALLY next to your foot. Just put it on. Right next to your foot. Nope, not on the ceiling - look on the floor. You stepped on it. Seriously kid??)

I forgot to include this in the Halloween post. Noah's in the Bjorn and since all candy we got for him was pure profit, Bryan made sure there was a place to put it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha...hahahaha

Naazju said...

Would it be all right if I pinned this post? I love the idea of an "I Spy" quilt and want to link back to here but I also know this is your family blog and you may not want traffic swinging by here. Just let me know if you're all right with or against me pinning this post!
And I love the family pic: full of such character!

Kim Gishi said...

Sorry Natalia - I just saw your comment. That'd be fine to pin the post. It's a really fun quilt.