I never got a better picture of it because it fell down, but Jacob put his bike helmet on it and a rope for a scarf, then was sad it didn't come to life. There's been times we've had to explain that cartoons are not real life, and I thought he understood that all cartoons are not real life. But apparently not. To be fair, it's possible my laziness might have blocked the magic. If I'd found a real hat and scarf, maybe it would have come alive.
One of the major advantages of living next to a church is no matter how much it snows, the church parking lot is always clear for bikes and scooters. So the boys were able to use their scooters when it warmed up, even though there was still a lot of snow everywhere else, including our driveway.
Bryan's mom got the boys tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs. They were so excited and were asking every day for a week if today was Saturday. Because Gus gets nervous when he thinks things are real, we were pretty worried he'd be super excited until he saw the dinosaurs, then would want to leave because he thought they were real. So we only talked about them as robot dinosaurs and Bryan said he was never scared.
They got to ride "daddy's train" to the arena
They loved it. They were very excited to tell me all about it when they got home. Me and Noah had fun running errands and hanging out around the house.
Jacob and Gus started swimming lessons on Thursday and they love it. It'll go through the month of January, then we'll put them in the next level in the fall. I hate the rec center in the summer because it's so busy so I avoid it completely. So far we've been able to keep cabin fever pretty low, but I can tell I'm going to have to start getting creative. Only 2 1/2 more months till March!!






1 comment:
I've been wanting to put my girls in swim lessons but I don't know if they retain anything haha did you sign up for Boondocks birthday club? You can sign up for yourself and your hubby too. I like to go on my birthday just to let my girls use the tokens.
Post a Comment