Sunday, April 17, 2016

Gus's Birthday!!

Gus turned 5 and overnight became faster, stronger, more muscular, taller, smarter and more responsible. At least in his head. Over the past year, though, we've seen Gus grow up. I know kids grow fast for the first few years, obviously the changes from 0-3 are huge, but there's huge changes even from 4-5 that I wasn't totally expecting. And they're all good. He's way calmer - fits generally only happen when he's tired or hungry, and then they're still pretty epic. When he's well rested and full, he's so laid back. He pretty much always wants to do whatever Jacob or Noah want to do. and is constantly wanting to help Noah, almost smotheringly. He's been going to preschool and his teacher loves him. He can read as well as Jacob and his speech is slowly getting better. I told Jacob he needed to pick one night a week to decide what we are eating for dinner, then help me with the simple prep steps. Gus decided he wanted to do it too, so he's been working on his knife skills. Unfortunately, he still keeps asking me to cut his hair short, but I'm slowly getting the front long, so maybe he'll let me grow the back out too.  He still has super goofy quirks and is still very much a mama's boy and while he tells me he can take care of himself, he is more than willing to snuggle up.

























Happy Birthday Gussy Gus Gus!! 

No comments: