Sunday, May 1, 2016

Gus's Preschool Graduation

Gus Graduated!!!! Bryan mentioned that we don't have any preschoolers right now and that is weird. We're gearing up for a big summer before real school starts in August. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with one kid when Jacob and Gus are both in school - it's been 5 years since I had only had one kid around and he couldn't do anything.
Anyways, this isn't about me. Gussy!!!!






It was a fun program, with the kids showing off some songs and poems they've learned. Then his teacher pulled out their letter books and their drawing journals and showed a few pictures out of each book for every kid. Gus was very pleased with his stuff. This was a fantastic preschool, I'm so glad we put him in. She tested them at the beginning of the year, once in the middle and at the end. There's a visual increase in his ability to write letters, shapes and numbers and his ability to cut and stay on the lines. When he colors he stays in the lines too. She focused on one topic each month, like farm animals, transportation, where food comes from, etc. Since he knows all about road signs now, he enjoys telling me how fast I should be going, "Mom, that sign says speed limit 25. Look Mom, there's another sign that says speed limit 25 again!!"  Despite that, I'm pretty proud of my little guy. He's learned to love school, sit down and do assignments, knows how to act in a classroom and while still a little bossy, works well with other kids. Good job Gussy!!!

No comments: