Sunday, August 21, 2016

August Wedding

Maryland in August is hot and humid, yet, despite that, it was an amazing trip.

Every time we fly out there the plane ride gets better. The first time we flew with both of them, Jacob was 18 months and Gus as 6 months. We had a layover in Denver on the way home and I almost walked up to the rental car counter and told Bryan I'd see him in 8 hours, I was driving home by myself. It was not fun. This time they were super excited they got to play on the tablets with no restrictions and the 3 1/2 hours went by so fast.


In one of Maryland's dense forest groves


Waiting for the ring ceremony to start


Ring bearers



Reception


I caught Noah being naughty by the groom's cake. Isn't it awesome? He was about to pluck a string, which was really frosting


After I told him no, he just gave up on life. They were really good through a busy day, so we took them home and filled them up with ice cream.


We went camping in a yurt - it was amazing. The best sleep I've ever gotten while camping. It helped there were 2 bunk beds inside and I got a mattress all to myself.





Our fire pit was.....interesting...

Keeping the boys happy at the outlet stores




Pikachu had breakfast at Denny's with Grandma and Grandpa


We went to the children's science museum in Baltimore and they tried out the bed of nails



Another Pikachu sighting


Air and Space Museum


A jumpy bounce house/arcade place. He still sticks his tongue out every time he's concentrating and arcade games are no exception


Went to the park and got caught in a huge rain storm, which made it more fun




Roasted marshmallows


The boys spent a lot of the down time learning to shoot arrows. They got pretty good by the time we left


Swimming at the lake



Swimming at Grandma's. We went swimming at their community pool too - we went swimming a lot this summer




And they mastered Mario Kart 8

The boys got caught into the Pokemon craze, so Bryan started them with the original Indigo League. They've jumped in with both feet and ask me all kinds of questions all the time. Luckily I have Bryan, his brother and Google, so I don't plan on learning anything about Pokemon. Bryan asked me how I can do that - he thinks I'll end up knowing all about it, regardless of what I want - and I told him I still know very little about dinosaurs. Whenever they ask me a question I either hand them a book or find the answer, but I don't actually remember it. My brain is already too full. And the more they can read, the more they can find stuff out on their own. Sorry Pokemon, Marvel, DC, dinosaurs, Minecraft - there's no space left in my head for you.  I'll listen to the boys talk endlessly about you, but it will quite literally go in one ear and out the other.

Super fun trip, everyone was pretty bummed to leave. The boys were begging us to move to Maryland, but Bryan and I can't handle the weather, plus Bryan hates moving. Bryan's mom helped Jacob pick out almost all of the school supplies he'd need for first grade, so we were all set when we came home. We only had 6 days to get ready, so it was nice to have that all done. Jacob and Gus are so so so so so so so so so excited to start school. I thought I was too, then I realized Jacob is 6!! 6!!!!! Where the heck did that time go? I really can't remember the first two years of his life because I was so tired, but still. Time goes so slowly for so long, then it's just gone. Sigh - ok, I'm done. I'm excited for him. First day of school tomorrow!!!

No comments: