Saturday, December 9, 2017

Halloween and Thanksgiving

Whenever I'd ask the boys what they wanted to be for Halloween this year, they really didn't have any opinions. They were talking about Christmas more than Halloween. So I figured we'd just throw something together the week before or something. It worked out pretty well, actually. Gus was throwing around some weird ideas, then finally settled on Dracula. Jacob was a vampire hunter and Noah was a ninja.




Noah is still talking about the ward's trunk or treat - he thought that was the best thing ever. We got a pretty good amount of candy from trick-or-treating, too, and Jacob even did one more street than we usually do. After he come home from school the next day he told me some of the kids in his class said they got 700 pieces of candy. I told him that's because they went trick-or-treating for more than 45 minutes like him, so maybe next year he'll go the distance. 

Pre-Halloween Adventures










Gus went to this play with his class and liked it so much we decided to take everyone. It was pretty good, and a good way to introduce the kids to live theater.






We've been to the farm a few times when they were milking the cow, but never got to do it ourselves. We finally got to try it.





The boys got some gift cards for the arcade from Bryan's aunt. Every other time we've played laser tag there's been other people there, but it was slow enough this time we got to play by ourselves, so we went free-for-all. Gus and I tied for first, then Jacob, Noah and Bryan.






Noah's a little obsessed with the zombie and dinosaur shooting games....

Noah gets pretty bored when the boys are at school, so one Monday he started drawing a lot and talking about invitations. I asked him what was going on and he said he was making a party for his brothers, and the party would be in my room. I said no, but I'd help him make a Thanksgiving party for that Friday. We had a pie-eating contest (I dumped pudding and whipped cream on a paper plate), dance-off, jumping jack contest, pin the fork on the turkey, made pilgrim hats, ate pizza and watched a movie







We did our annual fried turkey and it came out AMAZING as usual



Noah's also been asking when we're going camping again. I told him not till spring and he got sad. So I told him they could camp out in their room. They all started out on the air mattress, then ended up in their beds within about a half hour.


The day after Thanksgiving we started decorating.




From Halloween to Christmas is exhausting!!

No comments: