Thursday, January 8, 2009

Marriage Therapy over Popcorn Salt

So Bryan loves popcorn like a fat kid loves cake and I, myself, am a fan of popcorn. So we bought an oil popper that has the dome on the top and the spinny thing on the bottom that makes sure it doesn't burn. When we bought it, Bryan found Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil that flavors the popcorn as it cooks. I grew up with oil-popped popcorn but we always used vegetable oil, so I thought it was weird that we needed special oil. But Bryan liked it and it's a fairly healthy snack, so I went with it. Unfortunately, this oil is kind of expensive so I tried to get Bryan to use vegetable oil but he was against the idea because it didn't provide any flavor. Sorry, long intro, but there's still more. While we were in Maryland, we found out his dad had gotten a little theatre style popcorn popper that made Bryan poop his pants. They used Act II butter oil to pop the popcorn, then sprinkled Act II popcorn butter-flavored salt on it. It was pretty freaking good. So when we got back, we were at Sam's Club and found.....


We decided the butter-flavored oil looked like the leftovers from liposuction but the salt was a fantastic compromise. It's fairly cheap and provides the delicious flavor that vegetable oil does not. What a compromise! Apparently this saved our marriage, seeing as it was on the brink of destruction over popcorn flavoring......(according to Bryan)

3 comments:

A Little R and R said...

I didn't know you started your blog. I am looking forward to the many many happenings and deep thoughts of Kim and Bryan. :-) We are definitely going to have to try that in our dome popper. Maybe we will use it more because it will taste better than the oil. :-)

Leslie said...

You are truly one of the funniest girls I know... :) Vent away, Kim! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

First, I didn't know you had a blog until now....I love blog stalking! Second...I'm glad something as small as salt saved your marraige. I'm glad for those small things that make everything all better...it sounds really good. I'll have to try and remember the salt stuf.