Now with the annoying morning we had. First of all, you need to understand last April we had our car stolen from our underground parking lot. The police found it 2 weeks later in Salt Lake with a guitar and DVD player in the trunk and it smelled very much like marijuana. But we aired it out and everything ended well. Got it? Ok, you can keep reading.
This morning at 9:30 our doorbell rings. The complex is pretty quiet and sometimes you can't tell if the doorbell was yours or your neighbors. Then someone started knocking. I was still about 70% asleep (I don't get up before 10. I just don't. Don't push it). So by the time I realized it was our door they were banging on and I got to the door to look through the peephole I saw a police officer walking away. I was still 50% asleep and not really dressed to receive guests, so I didn't open the door. I didn't really think about it till later when I was 0% asleep that I realized they probably wanted to talk to us and the only reason they would single us out is if it had to do with our car, which has our apartment number on the wall at our parking spot. So I was like, Crap, I bet someone broke into our car. So I go down there and this
is what I see. No window on the drivers side, glass everywhere and the stereo and MP3 player are gone. Great. I think we're the only one that got robbed and can't figure out why thieves think we want our stuff taken from us. Turns out we weren't the only ones - there were 20 cars in the complex that got their windows smashed. Before you start feeling sorry for us......the stereo barely worked and the MP3 player was refurbished. And they left some expensive perscription sunglasses, a radar detector and a bag full of tools. Soooooo it feels nice knowing they took the cheapest stuff and they're going to try to sell them and make $15.
totally lame. At least it's not snowing.
2 comments:
That is such a sad way to start a weekend. That's such a bummer!
That stinks!! Adam's car was broken into last year or the year before and they stole two back packs with our sweaty gym clothes, Adam's Ipod, and a nice watch, left his stero, and cd's but the thing that made us most mad, is they stole his bag with all his text books. So not only did we have to fix the window, we had to go and buy books again in the middle of the semster. People can be big jerks!
Post a Comment