Saturday, April 18, 2009

So silly....

I realized this blog is turning into more of a "make fun of my husband's quirks" and I decided I'm ok with that. I've decided blogs fall into 3 categories - personal opinions about public subjects (sports, movies, politics), how-to blogs and personal life blogs, most of them about people's kids. Since I don't really have opinions about sports, movies or politics and I don't really have original ways of doing things, and I don't have kids, my blog has to be about Bryan.....

Anyways, so my sister called and said she was thinking about making an angel food cake. That got me thinking about delicious desserts and decided I wanted snickerdoodles.
So I get out the bowl and start mixing.
Bryan asks me what I'm doing and I tell him "I'm making snickerdoodles."
He looks at me like I insulted his mother.
I say "what's your deal" and he says "Do I like snickerdoodles?"
I say yes.
He asks if I'm sure he likes them.
I say yes.
5 minutes go by. He asks me what I'm doing.
I tell him "I'm still making snickerdoodles.".
He asks me "Do I like snickerdoodles?"
I say yes.
He laughs and says "Did I already ask you if I like snickerdoodles?"
I say yes.
I finish the dough and get a glob of it and stick it in his mouth.
He smiles and says "YUM!! I love sugar cookies!!"
I give up.
ok, this is bryan...so in my defense, who decided that by changing the topping, the whole name should change? if i bleached my hair, would i get to change MY name?!?
That was in a nutshell the tyraid I got after I told him what snickerdoodles were, because apparently the miscommunication came when he didn't know what snickerdoodles were. My bad

2 comments:

Lianne said...

That's pretty funny. I like Bryan's comment about the hair.

Jenny Brimhall said...

Chase and I found that very amusing. And I like that you mention me in your blog.