For the past couple of months we've felt a little cramped in our one bedroom apartment, especially since Bryan likes to follow me around (if I'm not in the front area the only other places I can go are the bedroom and bathroom - I'm not very far away) so we've been casually looking for a two bedroom. Over the summer, we would get people putting flyers up asking people to call them if they were moving and people actually knocking on our door asking if they could see our apartment and if we were thinking about moving. A little weird, but because of that we thought if we did find a new apartment it'd be easy to sell our contract. Ha, the jokes on us. We found a 2 bedroom for a great price and felt like it would be a good idea to sign the new contract, even though we haven't sold our contract. We asked them to put off starting our new contract as long as possible to give us time to sell ours so they gave us 3 weeks, which we thought would give us PLENTY of time. It's been ridiculous. We clearly put on our ad that we wanted to sell by November 15th and we were looking to sell it fast. We had a lot of people call and email, asking lots of questions and then saying they wanted to start their contract around December 15th, a couple of people even making appointments to come see it and then after they took up all my time telling me they didn't want to move till January. Helllloooooo - No. After the first couple of times that happened I made sure that people FULLY understood we wanted to sell IMMEDIATELY. So that's been fun. We still have a couple of weeks, so I'm not worried, just frustrated at stupid people.
Bryan's 26th birthday was last Friday - he can't ever remember how old he is, so when people would ask him how old he was turning this year he would just let me answer :) Here's some highlights from the day.
We went to 5 guys for dinner, which was tasty. Bryan's not really a dessert guy and doesn't like cake at all, so for his "cake" we got the Strawberry Shortcake Icecream Bars. Delicious.
Anyways, that's been our life for the past two months. If anyone has ideas on how to hide a bunch of junk for a couple of weeks so the apartment looks ummm less small? maybe? I'll take them. We've already started using our cars as storage units :)
2 comments:
I wish I could help you out on that one. That's tough. Are you guys going to be moving in over by us then? That would be awesome!
As far as the junk goes...either send it to the DI or take it to your Mom's....when we moved and had to see our condo I got rid of so much stuff and then still boxed up like 10 boxes of stuff I wanted to keep, but the storage rooms shelves had to look nicer, so box it up, and the book shelves had to have less stuff, we took down most of our family pictures...anyway, we had under the stair storage, I didn't think about the cars...but you are very resoursful. Good luck!
Post a Comment