Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas and Vegas

On Tuesday a very large package came from UPS while Bryan and his brother, who had flown out the day before, were gone. Bryan's been asking and asking for a popcorn machine, even offering to trade the baby for one. When I got the package, there was a big sticker on the front that showed a popcorn machine.
It was the red one without the trolley. Even though the shipping sticker said it was for Kim and Bryan, I knew I wouldn't have any claim on this. I thought, I can either leave it out, open it up or wrap it. I decided to wrap it in newspaper and then wait and let Bryan open it Christmas Eve, then he'd have to wait till Saturday to buy corn and oil for it and he'd be really mad. Well, I'm a sucker, so I told him if his mom said he could open it early, he could open it that night. He had NO idea what it was, and told me and his mom later he thought it was a car seat for the baby. Here's the pictures of him unwrapping it.




He loves his popcorn machine. The first thing out of his mouth was "I guess we can keep the baby now".
The rest of Christmas was fun. Bryan's parents drove out and brought us the cradle they used for Bryan and his siblings and a chest of drawers. His mom is making us a cradle bumper and we need a mattress, so when we get those I'll take pictures of it completed.
We went to Vegas with Bryan's parents Sunday and Monday after Christmas. Bryan's mom had lost contact with one of her cousins over the years and heard he was in Vegas, so she figured she's take a quick trip down there to find out. Bryan feels like a loser since he's the only person over 21 in Utah County that hasn't been to Vegas, so we went along. He took 5 dollars to play on the slots. After he figured out to not blow it all on the $1 machines and found a 2 cent machine, things picked up quickly.
He had already lost 4 dollars before we got to the 2 cent slot, and at one point was up 3.50, but decided not to cash out, so he ended up loosing the entire 5 bucks. He didn't seem too excited towards the end, so I'm not worried about him becoming a gambling addict.

Also, side note, we went to STOMP last night. It was basically amazing and if I could go back in time, it would be to learn to dance so I could be touring with them right now. I hope the baby doesn't care that I've already chosen his career path for him and am already playing drum beats for him so he learns rhythm.

3 comments:

RRK said...

Bryan's face in the first picture is awesome!!! :)

Jenny Brimhall said...

Collin drums all the time because of Chase. So it really does make a difference...

Monica said...

I just remembered that you have a blog haha my husband begs me all the time for a big popcorn machine! That's so funny! It must be a guy thing haha