Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bryan's Parenting Ideas

Ok, last post today. I promise. Bryan's been bugging me to add these two things to the blog. First is the story of how he acted when we went to go get the gender check. He'd been telling me he was willing to trade the baby for a popcorn machine or a puppy, but if it was a girl he was for sure trading it. Now, if you're reading this and thinking "Wow Kim, what kind of manipulative power-hungry wife are you? Bryan obviously did not want to have a baby" this was fully a joint decision, in fact he wanted kids before I did. Keep that in mind. So we go in to the gender check and the technician is asking us what we think it is, what we're hoping for, etc. I'm smiling and telling her I think it's a girl but we're really hoping it's a boy, especially Bryan. She looks at Bryan and he says "Yeah, if it's a girl I'm trading it". The entire, ENTIRE time we're there, he smiles ONCE for 3 seconds. The rest of the time he's completely straight face. So the tech kind of smiles and says "Ok, well there's other people that want girls, so you could trade for a boy" and he shakes his head and says "No, I want popcorn". She says "Oookkay" and starts the ultrasound. She's looking around for a minute, then says "Oh, looks like you're keeping it" and we both look at Bryan. He does nothing. I said "Bryan, you got your boy!" and he smiles quick, then looks sad and says "No popcorn". OH My Heck. The tech looks at me and says almost desperately "Are you happy?". "Yes, I'm very happy". The tech starts taking pictures and looking around more to get a good shot of his manhood, then asks if there's anything else we want to see. Bryan replies "Yeah, the other one". The tech looks at me and I explain Bryan wanted twins, actually triplets. Bryan says "Yeah, we wanted twin boys and a girl" then looks sad again. The tech says in a voice that sounds like she really wishes this was over "Well, at least you got your boy??!!" and I ask if we can get the pictures and leave before it gets more awkward. I'm pretty sure Bryan's going to make someone seriously think we don't want this kid and we're going to get Child Services after us.
Bryan wanted me to post these comics as well. They sum up his perspective on parenting. Enjoy.

No comments: