

So I'm posting a lot for me this month - it's kinda weird. Anyways, here's some pictures of our new apartment, decorated for Christmas. We moved in the last week of October and after a somewhat bumpy start, the apartment's starting to work pretty well for us, it's really nice to have the extra room and it's super, duper nice to not have anyone above us stopping around playing on their Wii or building things in the middle of my Sunday afternoon naps.

We weren't going to get a tree, I was thinking we'd just get a pine wreath to get the Christmas smell, but the tree was $5 more than the wreath, so we just went for it. I'm glad - it was more Christmasy after we got it and got it decorated. And it smells wonderful :) We haven't had stockings for the last two years because Bryan wouldn't decide on one he likes, so I finally just ordered him a 49ers one (that he says he likes), that actually matches our other decorations (they're all red, gold or white, with some light-up 49er helmets), so it looks pretty good. My sister is somewhat appalled we haven't had stockings, which I think is funny.
This is the nursery corner (it's a corner because Bryan has his clothes and stuff in there too, so he has to share his room with the baby. It's the "little boy's room"). Bryan's parents still had the cradle my mother-in-law's mom gave her when she had Bryan's older sister, so they're bringing that out along with a dresser they used for the kids when they were babies when they come out for Christmas. I'm excited to get it and get the baby's room all put together. My mom helped me make off-white curtains (I couldn't really get a picture since the sun was out as you can see in the picture) but she suggested I put stuff on the curtains to decorate them a little, so I might put up some Snoopy or Peanuts stuff on them. The rocking chair is one I found off KSL and I LOVE it. It's in awesome shape and I like wooden rocking chairs better than glider rockers because of the way they move.
So we've officially decided on Jacob as the kid's first name but are having trouble with the middle name. Mostly because I only want a name where if he wants to go by his initials it sounds good, like JC, JD, JP, JR, JT, JW (J-dub) or the one that's becoming the favorite J-Z (he has to spell it like that) and Bryan wants to give him a middle name that will give him a complex. Like Theodore and tell him we named him after a Chipmunk, Theo Huxtable, Theodore Roosevelt, Teddy Ruxben or whatever else comes to mind at the time. And that's one of the mild suggestions. Most of them are so outrageous I tell him no and forget about it, so that's the only one that's coming to mind right now. So between these two criteria we're having trouble settling on a useable name. My mom reminded me whatever we pick will be read at his high school and college graduation, which had the opposite reaction from me than what my mom wanted. Now I'm more willing to give him a somewhat ridiculous name, like Ziggy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment