
At this moment I have 30 nieces and nephews. My sisters and sister-in-laws don't hold back details of their pregnancy or delivery, so I figured there wouldn't be a lot of surprises when I got pregnant unless I had an unusual pregnancy. Although I'm 16 weeks along and so far, have had a very uneventful and extremely easy pregnancy, including only feeling nauseous when I don't eat, never throwing up and feeling pretty good almost all the time, I feel like there's a few things I'm a little surprised by, especially since the amount of detail I've heard. Like, I knew I'd have to pee a lot more, but it hurts, which makes me not want to pee, but I can't hold it in. And I'm pretty sure the #2 part is all backed up behind the baby and accounts for about half of the increase of my stomach size. Between my 10 week and 14 week appointments my pants stopped fitting, which made me think I was gaining weight. Negative. You'd think this wouldn't be a big deal, but before I was pregnant when I gained 10 pounds, I didn't notice because it slowly stretched my pants out. This time, I haven't gained a pound and my pants don't fit at all. Why can't that happen when I'm gaining weight outside the pregnancy so I know when I'm gaining? I'm also pretty sure a new tube grew from my throat to the uterus, then to bladder, because I'm always thirsty, but always have to pee. Why can't some of the water stay in my body? The baby is a big mover and doesn't really like things moving around it, so I'm convinced it sticks it's legs and arms out and puts a kink in my intestines so things can't get past. That's a little uncomfortable at times, so I have to rub and rub and get it to move so things can get going. When I mention these things to my sisters now, they just laugh and laugh - so they knew all this yet didn't mention it. HELLO - these are the things I need to know about.
Anyways, about Twilight. When my and Bryan talked about names, we decided we both like the name Jacob, among other names. Jacob is the one I like the most, so I was pretty set on using it if it was a boy. Until I talked to a 9 year old kid in my ward. When I mentioned the name, he said "Oh, Jacob like Twilight". ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! Dang it ALL!! And the kid'll be an Indian, so we'll get even more comments than we would if he was white. Arggg. After talking to Bryan about it, though, we decided we liked the name enough and it was a pretty common name, so it would be ok - by the time the baby actually came in May, people wouldn't associate Jacob as quickly with Twilight. Until I realized the next Twilight movie comes out in June. Blah. So if we do end up using Jacob, which I really want to, we'll get comments till the baby's at least a couple of months old. Then I said, wait, let's not worry about it until we find out if it really is a boy or a girl.

6 comments:
YAY! Congrats Kim. You are going to be an amazing mom, and so perfect you're having a boy. He's got the best prankster, dry ice bomb maker, and delightful mother a boy could want.
Wow! That was a lot of info Kim. :) I think you have joined the club of sisters and sister-in-laws. :) I didn't know a lot of that happened. :) I know I already told you, but congrats again!!! We are excited for you!!! Love ya!!
I like your back up plan of drawing the muscles. Remember to refer to him as your "little Quillete" from time to time, that'll throw people off. ;)
What?! I didn't even know you were pregnant!! Congratulations!! :) That's so super exciting!!!!! Best of luck with all the uncomfortable-ness and the peeing issues.
Yay!!! I got your message during work....so I can't call you back, but I'm so excited for you, and I think Jacob is a fine name, that was a good one long before Twilight. Name him what you will, I mean we named our kid Heinz...now he'll be Ketchup boy his whole life (actually no one teases him yet) at least girls will faint when they hear you son's name, not get hungry. Hehe!
Kim I knew it! I'm so happy for you. We really do need to get together and I will tell you everything that nobody talks about! You can come and watch the alien in my stomach. It looks like he is trying to get out sometimes. If you think that he stretches out now, just wait . . . it gets so much worse. Maybe you don't want to come and see me. I am at (in my opinion) the worse stage of pregnancy, 35 weeks and counting. I don't really have anything good to say about being pregnant. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment