Bryan started listening to 1280 the Zone radio station on his way to and from work and school months ago and would come home and talk about the different hosts. It sounded pretty funny, so I started listening to it at work. I'll admit, I feel weird listening to sports radio, but it's also fun to walk into a conversation about sports and be able to actually add intelligent insight to the conversation. And it is funny. Last week they sponsored an alumni BYU/Utah flag football game in Salt Lake. It was awesome. We were a little late, so we didn't get great seats, so my pictures didn't turn out really well, but I'll share a couple.
As we were driving up, we were listening to the first quarter on the radio. All day the talk show hosts had been talking about a secret BYU player who they said no Utah player had ever been able to cover and never would be able to cover, so we were wondering who it was. When BYU got the ball, they announced the secret player - see if you can see him in the middle of the picture. Hint, he didn't play football at BYU, but he did play a sport.
There he is again on the sideline
Did you guess? Shawn Bradley!!! See how the camera guy has to hold the camera way above his head to video him? He's really really really tall. It worked too - the Utah players were busy looking at him they didn't realize what BYU was doing, so BYU got a touchdown. They got the second touchdown by passing him the ball in the endzone and he alley-ooped it to another player. In the end, though, Utah won, mostly thanks to Brian Johnson, the Utah quarterback from last year.Oh, yeah, we like Brian Johnson. He's a cutie. I wish I got him smiling - he has the whitest teeth in the entire world. After the game we found Jonny Harliene - a couple of years ago when John Beck was the BYU quarterback, they were losing the BYU/Utah game and in the last 3 second Beck found Harliene in the endzone and threw a touchdown, winning the game. My brother has the audio from the last play as a ringtone on his phone that plays when I call. To rub it in his face, I got a picture of me and him with me wearing my read coat - unfortunately it was super blurry, so I didn't post it.
Thanksgiving We fried a turkey again this year - this is the third year we've done it. We had some interference after we put the turkey in from another family member who will remain unnamed, so it came out a little burned and dry, but it was still tasty.
Here's Bryan with the fryer. By the time it was hot enough to add the turkey, the camera had died, so this is all we have.
While Bryan was waiting for the turkey to fry, he took the little munchkins to my mom's new trampoline that she bought on a whim last week and watched them try to walk around and act like they were jumping. It was pretty funny. It was good the netting was around it, because they would have definitely fallen off :)
No comments:
Post a Comment