Monday, January 17, 2011

I really want to load a video of Jacob playing with his ball popper toy, but I tried for a week and it wouldn't work, so I gave up till I had patience for it again. Today I decided to follow Jacob around with a camera and do a day in the life of Jacob.

He woke up around 8


Then he needed his diaper changed and get dressed


To get him to not move around I have to give him stuff to chew on. His favorite is the diaper rash cream tube.


All dressed and ready to go. Now he wants to eat the camera.

Breakfast is yogurt with wheat germ, cheerios, and apple fig newtons

Playtime

Relaxing in the rocking chair with a bottle


Morning nap (afternoon nap looked pretty much the same)


Lunch - chicken nuggets, fries, apple slices and a funfetti cupcake


Playtime, this time with a nerf dart in his mouth most of the time

There's snacks on the top of this trunk - by this time he's lost his pants if you can't tell

After his bath and in his pjs

What I missed: dinner (it looked pretty much like breakfast and lunch), him yelling at me because I put in cabinet locks in the kitchen so now he can't pull out the pyrex cups, eating the bubbles in his bubble bath and thinking it's HIL-arious, and trying to get around the stuff I put on the bottom step so he can't go up the stairs.

That's a day in the life. I was talking to someone the other day about how much he sleeps and they asked if he's really active when he's awake and I realized he never stops moving unless he's contained or there's something he is extremely interested in (like the elmo song). He's just a crazy nutball


Side story: Bryan thought the 100 Acre Woods from Winnie The Pooh was named that because an acre was a type of tree and there were 100 trees. His logic behind this was in Back To The Future, the shopping mall was named Twin Pines, and after Marty hit the tree, when they went back it was called Lone Pine. So everything named after trees has to do with the number of trees associated with the area. (Apparently the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree.)

3 comments:

LeChele G said...

Love the pictures and the captions! He looks like he has a packed day!

Dave said...

Nerf dart looks strangely like a precursor to tobacco use...

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need to coordinate with my sister to watch my boys and then I will come down and we (I) will move furniture!