Saturday, January 1, 2011

We've been busy

My sister took these pictures a long time ago (ok, maybe only a couple of weeks) but I've been too busy to post them. It was kind of a struggle to take them - Jacob tends to attack other babies unless he's a good distance away so putting him right next to Landon was a bad idea. But we ended up with a few good ones. It may look like they are hugging in this one, but Jacob is trying to bite Landon's cheek.

Align CenterNow he's trying to grab his mouth

Landon's thinking "Really kid? You can't just sit still for one second?" And Jacob's thinking "I'm gonna pull your nose off!"

Finally. They both looked at the camera and looked reasonably happy

Then Jacob strikes again


We had a great Christmas. I'll get pictures up soon. As soon as Bryan's parent heard the doctors said I couldn't travel, they started getting things ready to come out here. They got here on the 23rd, his brother and dad are leaving today and his mom and sister are leaving Tuesday. They kept saying their main goal was to see Jacob and do whatever they could so I don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning as much. They definitely kept their promises and way beyond. Jacob loves them and gets so excited when they come over and they just play and play with his toys, he lets them read him books (he won't let us) or he just sits in their arms...it's really cute. They also got us a deep freezer and filled it with food so I just have to grab something out, throw it together and let it cook so I don't have to be on my feet for very long. They also got us paper plates and plastic silverware so I don't have to worry about dishes. Then they just got us all stocked up with everything else we might need - thank you just doesn't describe how grateful we are.
I think it's weird we'll have another baby boy Jacob's age this time next year, and Jacob will be walking and kind of talking. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Jacob, though. That it wasn't really real until he came. I'm excited though - mostly because as soon as he comes I won't have to worry about when he's going to come and not being able to do a lot of things - as soon as he's here I'm all better and I'll be able to do everything I need to do, whatever that entails. I still won't have all the time or energy I need, but at least I'll be physically able to do it.
The other night I told Bryan December was almost over, and we had another month down. He looked very confused and said "What are you talking about?" I said till the baby comes and everything's ok - we just have to make it through 3 more months and the end of every month means we did one more. He laughed and said "Oh, I thought you were counting the months we were married. For other people every year is an accomplishment, but for us it's every month". :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love the pictures because Lily always goes after her cousin too hehe I love how funny you and your husband are :)