Stories like this one - Author says princess play can have negative effect on girls - make me mad. Disney princesses have been around for generations and the title of "princess" has been around throughout history. I don't remember ever thinking I really was a princess and as far as I know my sisters (well, all but one) never believed they were a princess either. Don't put the blame on Disney - put the blame on the parents who don't explain to their kid they are a real person and not a princess, especially when they hit 8,9 or 10 and are still thinking they are entitled. I guess one of the reasons I think this is such a dumb story is because I don't understand why it's news. I watch the news to get some adult time in my daily life, plus I don't want to be one of those people where important stuff is happening in the world and I didn't know because I was watching Sprout, but sometimes it just reminds me how dumb people are.
In my life news, apparently Jacob has decided his bed is for nighttime sleeping and Gus's bed is for naptime sleeping. He's slept on Gus's bed every once in a while, but has been doing it consistently lately. (The boys take naps at the same time, so Gus sleeps on our bed and Jacob plays quietly in his room till he conks out, apparently wherever he wants now). What. A. Weirdo.
No comments:
Post a Comment