Sunday, June 17, 2012

Moving

So we moved to Riverton. The last time we renewed our contract on our apartment, we talked about how this would probably be the last time we renewed because we'd either be moving for school or we'd need a bigger place. So as the year was going by and our time was running out, I started looking for bigger places and realized the rent was going to be higher than I had thought. My sister had been living with my mom but they were ready to move into their own place, so as they started looking at their options, my mom came to me and suggested we move in with her to save some money before Bryan started pharmacy school. When I was looking for bigger places, the main things I wanted was a backyard and 3 rooms so we could put the boys in separate rooms. While my mom's basement isn't that big, it did have room for us to put the boys in separate rooms and my mom has a good backyard. So we made plans to move in there after our contract ran out.
At the beginning of April my sister emailed me and said they were planning to move to Arizona and asked if we wanted to stay in their house till they're ready to put it on the market. Even though it's in a really good neighborhood, she didn't like the idea of leaving it vacant and acted like we were doing her a big favor, when in reality, this offers us everything we wanted and more. Bryan hates change and really only agreed to moving at all because I was so unhappy and the kids were claustrophobic. Because he hates change so much, I wanted to be as flexible as possible with whatever I could, so I told him to keep his job unless he found a new one he was really interested in. While it's a commute, we figured anything better would be in Salt Lake and that would be a commute as well.

We don't have a ton of stuff, but we have more than I expected and it took a lot more trips to get it taken care of. We're finally all moved out and everything important is unpacked.

Here's some highlights around the house
 The back yard. I think I was trying to get the trampoline, which is at the far end of the yard (it's down in a hole), but you can't see it.
 The sand pit. The kids are there for at least an hour a day
 Ever since Jacob learned how to open drawers and cabinets I've wanted to have a snack area for him where he could just get what he wanted instead of my trying to figure out his gibberish. So I finally have a snack drawer in the fridge and a snack area in a cabinet.

 Bryan's popcorn machine gets a place of honor on the table, at least for a couple of months (my sister is moving the rest of her furniture in a couple of months). There's a breakfast bar around the counter where we sit most of the time.
Even though we have a full couch, Jacob still uses his bear to lounge when he watches tv.

So now we have a lot of room, the kids are sleeping better in their own rooms and expel more energy outside so they sleep better because of that too. 
So if you're in the area come on by! We've got plenty to keep anyone busy

1 comment:

Monica said...

You're probably semi close to me! We should come visit! :)