Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blogs

Some of my favorite blogs are thehonesttoddler.com, stfuparentsblog.com and mommyish.com (just a warning if you want to check them out, honest toddler and mommyish are usually pretty clean, stfu does swear).
I love them. Because of them I feel like I can say having toddler - whether you have 1 or 20 - is hard and having two kids so close is really hard. And being a stay at home mom is hard. And they make me laugh about being a parent. I read an article on mommyish a few minutes ago called Babyhood Goes By So Fast - Unless You Have Twins And Then It's A Little Slower.  Cracked me up. There were 2 lines I liked - "I began viewing all these well-wishers telling me to savor every bleary-eyed moment as pathological liars." (I really do want people to stop telling me how cute they are after Bryan's taken them out because they're throwing a fit in the store, or that they're going to grow up soon, because in my mind, they really aren't. Ever.) and "I’d been a mother of infant twins for what felt like an eternity" - that's been my life. I know I did not have twins and will not EVER compare myself to someone who has had twins (at least to their face), but I've had a baby in the house for 2 straight years. And it's felt like a LOT longer than that. The end of the article talks about how they really do grow up and you miss it when they're younger, so that wasn't as funny.... I think I should have gotten more out of the real point of the article, but I just really like it when people talk about things I'm experiencing. The funny stuff to the hard stuff. Makes me feel better.

No comments: