Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Need another R&B name

Baby boy number 3 will make an appearance sometime in July!
Technically I'm due July 29th, but if he follows the pattern of the other 2 little devils, he'll come around the first week of July, as well as be 5 lbs 13 oz (how awesome would that be to have every baby be the same weight?).

At my ultrasound on Monday he was measuring in the 15th percentile, so he's a little one.
I'm 21 weeks along. I didn't really want to say anything before this, not because we're not excited but because number 1 is exciting, number 2 is pretty exciting and after that it's not as exciting. Plus I hate it when I tell people I'm pregnant and the first thing they say is "Yeah! How exciting! What is it?" and I won't know for months. I just don't like not knowing what it is and it just reminds me that I don't know when people ask me that - I don't think they're being rude or anything.So we just decided to wait till we knew if it was a boy or a girl before we announced it.

So that's what's going on with us. I am seeing a high risk doctor this time and based on my history he asked me if I wanted him to put in an early cerclage instead of waiting to see if my cervix started falling apart like it did with Gus. I asked for the cerclage instead of waiting, so he put it in when I was 14 weeks along. He said everything looked fine when he put it in and at my ultrasound he said it still looked fine. With Gus my cervix was down to less than a centimeter at 21 weeks, so this time either my cervix is behaving itself or the cerclage is doing its job. There's no real way to know at this point, but I'm glad I didn't wait to see if I needed the stitch or not. Mostly because so far I have no bedrest restrictions and I don't have to see a doctor or a specialist every week. I do have to get the progesterone shot once a week and it still hurts.

Right now we have a J-Z, and a B.I.G. Wayne is a family name on my side, so maybe a Lil' Wayne??

3 comments:

Naazju said...

Li'l Wayne would be AWESOME.
And congratulations! I think any child announcement is great, especially because later on there could be more risks (chiefly, the mom is getting older and her body is tired) so KUDOS and HAPPY DAY to your whole family! How wonderful for all of you!

Monica said...

Go you! Thinking about having a third still terrifies me haha

Anonymous said...

NIce! #3! That was my hardest adjustment. I'll pray yours is easy. Hopefully your body lets you run after your two other little boys this pregnancy. I just can't picture bed rest being all that fun. Woot Woot!