I'm not huge on sharing stuff about myself or my kids on Facebook and still feel a little weird sharing things like this on the blog, even though I am using it as a journal as well as sharing what's happening in my life with friends and family we don't see often, so it's not weird. But I don't like bragging, especially when I had nothing to do with it. But Jacob's been doing so, so well with his alphabet, counting and reading I have to record it somewhere.
He got a LeapPad 2 for Christmas from Bryan's parents and we put some videos on it that teach what sound each letter makes, another video that teaching numbers and another video that shows how to chunk letters together and make simple words. So due to pure neglect, Jacob has learned all his letters, how to count and can now spell and read simple words. It's pretty cool. For a 2 year old, he's doing pretty good with writing letters that have straight lines, like F
The F is the one I was surprised to see. I think he gave up after H, because he can write I (well, he can draw a straight line). He was playing with the magnetic letters on my mom's fridge last week and picked up an I and G, the put a P in front and said "PIG!!". Then did E and T, then put M in front and said "MET!". So we've been working on simple IG, ET, AT and AD words with him and he does good till he gets bored.
It's awesome when he sounds out a word, gets every sound right, then says something completely different. I have a couple of GAP sweatshirts and he'll come up and say "G....A.....P......MOMMY!!!!" or the toilet has Bemis on it, so he'll say "B...e....m...i....s........POOPY!!" That's always entertaining. Every once in a while we find him trying to teach Gus some letters, and surprisingly Gus has picked up on C, T and M. I think I'll just let that keep going until there's an obvious delay in Gus's education.
.jpg)
1 comment:
That's so cool he knows how to spell and read! Maybe I should buy a Leap pad for Lily. I really want her to read.
Post a Comment