Saturday, July 13, 2013

He's home!! Part 2 - pictures

He pulled out his feeding tube, so I turned it into a monocle as a punishment.

 He had to do a stress test to make sure he didn't stop breathing when he was in his car seat. Because they were only worried about his head falling down to his chest and not necessarily safety, they kept him bundled up. The day before me and my sister were trying to remember all of the "man with no arms and no legs" jokes, so the first thing I thought when I saw him was "What do you call a kid with no arms and no legs in a carseat?" Then I couldn't think of a funny punch line....

 First time without his feeding tube in 21 days

 His going home outfit. Bryan's brother got it for Jacob and we took Jacob home in it, so it's become a tradition for all the boys to go home in it.

 I told him to do a Spidey pose and throw out some spiderwebs.

 Ready to go. He's sooooooooooooooo scrawny!!!!!!! There's about a foot of material from the straps pulled through the back - he only needs like 6 inches in the front to keep him locked in.
 Gus in the same car seat
 Loving being home
 He even tries to hold his own bottle
 Even though he's gained almost 2 pounds, his arms and legs are still so so skinny. And his pacifier still covers half of his face.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I'm so glad he's home and that your experience with Jacob helped this time around. He is definitely tiny!

Amy said...

Goodness, he is little! So happy for you that you can have him home and get on with a new normal.