Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's February already?

(I wrote this at the beginning of February. Shows how on top of it I am).
Man, January was one of those months where every day was forever long, but the month flew past. Noah is healing up really well. I took him for a check-up 9 days after his surgery and the doctor said it looked fine to him, but if the old hole was going to spring open and he started peeing from both holes, it would happen within 6 weeks of the surgery and he couldn't tell if that was an issue or not. So we have another check-up at the end of February. So far we've been going to the Riverton Primary Children's Outpatient office, but this last one we have to go to Salt Lake, which I've never been to and am curious to see.  Plus we can take the boys to the zoo and let them see all the animal hiding because it's freezing, except the polar bear I guess...

Anyways, I was a little worried about the boys laying on top of Noah or touching his weiner when I would change his diaper, so I talked to them a lot before about how baby Noah has an ouchie and they have to be so gentle with him and can't touch his weiner (which they're not allowed to anyways) and they've been so good about it. For about 2 weeks after his surgery Gus would tell me multiple times during the day that baby Noah had an ouchie, but he didn't have one so he was ok. Except sometimes he did, and then it was a big deal that they both had ouchies.

Noah has turned into such a beggar when it comes to food. He's done it since he was little, but it's gotten so much worse. When he was a couple of months old my mom would hold him while she was eating chips and he would whine and cry when he would hear the crunch and smell the chip. He'd stop as soon as she pushed the bag away, so it had to be the chips. He started grabbing at food a little before he turned 6 months old, so we would give him pieces of stuff to gnaw on and he handled everything we gave him just fine. It's gotten to the point where I can't hold a banana near him or he'll do a literal face dive onto it. If he sees anyone eating, he sits there and stares at them till the give him some food. I was holding him on the couch last week and Gus left a plate with some fries on it near us and Noah noticed he kept coming up, grabbing a handful of something then eating it, so he leans over and falls out of my arm so he can grab some fries and shoves them into his mouth. The kid is 7 months old - he shouldn't be able to do this stuff.

The best part of him eating Gus's fries was he'd wait till Gus wasn't around, then he'd grab more. When Gus figured out he could sneak food off Jacob's plate, he was at least 18 months old and he was super sneaky about it - he'd wait till Jacob wasn't paying attention, then grab just a few of whatever he wanted and put it on his plate, so it looked like it was always there. Then he'd act all natural and eat it like it was his to begin with. Now there's no sneakiness about it - he just starts eating off of Jacob's plate if he wants the food. So I don't feel bad about Noah taking Gus's food - I feel like Gus is getting his comeuppance.

No comments: