Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rain, Rain Go Away

It has been so wet this month, which wouldn't be a big deal (and the rain is probably here because people better than me are praying for it), but because we're at the far end of the community, we were the last ones to get landscaping done. And with all the rain came tons and tons of mud. I have 3 boys - 1 of them loves, loves, loves, loves, loves all mud. 1 of them likes wet mud, but when it starts drying on his hands we have issues. The last one has no body fat, so while he likes mud, he can't play in wet, rainy conditions for long without shaking like a leaf. So they all jump into the mud, then come in one at a time as they reach their limits.






This one was always the last one to come in, and always had a ridiculous amount of mud left on him. One of the downsides to living in a townhouse community instead of a private home is I can't undress the boys outside. The second day I got smart and put a towel just inside the door, then threw the clothes outside after I pulled them off inside. I let them play in it for 3 or 4 days, till I got really tired of cleaning mud out of the bathtub. Luckily, they finally got the grass put in, so the mud has mostly disappeared. In it's place is wet, soggy sod because when it's not raining, they have the sprinklers on.... So yes, I'm grateful for the rain. But wish it would rain for like an hour, then be 78 degrees the rest of the day. 

Jacob asked for a triangle cake with one eye on it for his birthday. Then a week before his birthday he saw some Ninja Turtle cupcakes at Target and asked for those instead. The day after his birthday, he asked if he was still going to get his triangle cake with the eye. So I finally got around to making it for him.
He told me it needed to have chocolate frosting. The triangle needed to be dark brown and around the eye a light brown. The inside of the eye needed to be white with a brown circle in the middle. When I showed him he told me it was perfect. What the heck is this kid doing in his spare time? He would talk about this cake frequently and asked me at least once a week when I was going to make it for him. Does he not get properly initiated as a Mason without it?

In other news, Noah is still ridiculously cute. He likes wearing hats, his favorite are beanies, but if he wears a hat with a bill he turns it sideways so he can still see.


I still think Noah is Jacob's mini-me

No comments: