Sunday, August 30, 2015
First EVER week of school
Gussy started Preschool a couple of weeks ago. He was so, so, so excited. He went to a few classes during the summer with this teacher, so he was very comfortable starting school. He's not great with change, so it was nice being able to just drop him off and not have him cling to me. He goes twice a week in the mornings and loves that he gets to tell us all about his day when he comes home just like Jacob does.
In other news, I'm still heartbroken he asked me to cut his hair like Jacob. I trimmed it like I usually do, then he looked in the mirror and told me he wanted it like Jacob. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was sure. He likes it, I'm still struggling a week later. He looks way too much like Jacob - now I have no idea who is who by just glancing at them.
There are a lot of suggestions about how to track a kid's growth through school and document the first day of school. One of the ideas is to get an large adult shirt, put "Class of 2028" on it and every year take a picture of them in the shirt on the first day of school. Through the years they'll grow into it. I liked that idea, but decided to do it opposite. Every year he'll put on this zombie shirt and it'll get smaller as he gets bigger.
Jacob started kindergarten last Wednesday. He was incredibly excited. We met his teacher the night before and from everything we've heard, she's a fantastic teacher. So far he's loved it and was bummed out he didn't get to go on Saturday.
Gus goes to school in the morning and Jacob goes in the afternoon. It's nice because Jacob's around in the morning to entertain Noah, then it's just Gus in the afternoon while Noah take a nap. On Thursday Gus fell asleep too - it was very weird and amazing to have both kids asleep. That hasn't happened for years and the boys gave up quiet time about a year ago.
Now that school's started, we just keep going till the kids are 18. After 5 years of baby/toddler/preschoolers, it's nice to let go a little and let someone else handle them for a couple of hours a week..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment