Jacob told Bryan he had a tooth that felt funny a couple of weeks ago, and Bryan confirmed it was loose. About a week later, I asked him how his tooth was feeling and went to check it out. Then I saw this -
Huh. Well then. After doing a little bit of research, this is not uncommon and the permanent tooth is just shoving the baby tooth out of the way instead of absorbing the baby tooth root and waiting for its turn. After the baby tooth comes out, as long as the permanent tooth hasn't come in all the way, the permanent tooth should push itself forward into the right place. Also, this will most likely happen again with some of his other teeth. So we called him Shark Boy for a day or two. I made an appointment at the dentist for a cleaning and figured if the baby tooth hadn't fallen out by then, they'd probably just yank it.
Then about a week ago, he's sitting there and suddenly yells, "My tooth!!" It'd fallen out on its own.
First kid in his class to lose a tooth.


No comments:
Post a Comment