Sunday, March 26, 2017

March - Spring is Coming!!

I thought spring was on the way, then it got all rainy and cold again. Bummer. I'm so ready for summer.

Jacob with one of his Lego creations. I like his smile in this picture :)

Crazy kids at the zoo



I think Gus was reading it, then put it down so Jacob picked it up, then Gus came back but they were in different spots. So they did this.

Jacob heard about can stilts about a year ago and I told him we'd do it, but we never did. Then Gus heard about them, so between the two of them they wore us down.



Noah talks a lot about his "friends" named Collin and Astraya. They are very old and live in South America with his new family - Noah informed me that me and Bryan died. Whenever he visits them (he also tells me a lot how far away South America is and it takes a LONG time to get there, and judging by the amount of time he spends talking about them, he apparently visits quite a bit), they all go to the aquarium with his new grandma and grandpa and look at the basilisk lizard. He talks about this A LOT. Having these imaginary people to compete with, I took just him to the aquarium one afternoon. Sadly, the basilisk lizard was not in it's cage. But the movie was fun.



He calls half circles "tummy circles". I think it's adorable.


Jacob and Gus started swimming lessons again. They went all this month, get a week off, then will go the rest of the Saturdays in April. Jacob's pretty good - he's working on the backstroke right now and getting his kicking stronger, so if he decides to stick with it we might look into a swim team next year. Their teacher told me Gus is "like a noodle" in the water, which is an apt description. He's starting to put his arms and legs together, though, so he's not doggy paddling through the water anymore. Basically, if Jacob has a strong foundation to build on if he wants to keep going with swim, and Gus doesn't drown when he swims in a deep pool, our money was well spent. 


Gus is a jumper and the springs in my couch cushions were poking my bum because of it. My brother replaced his couch cushion springs with a large memory foam mattress he cut up into cushion sized pieces, so I did the same thing to my couch. But, now the couch isn't bouncy.  I got him an early birthday present - I should have done it a LONG time ago.


Bryan won a tent from some contest he entered and set it up in the boys room the night it was delivered. The boys were super upset when they realized it was a temporary setup.

For Women's Conference I always go with my mom and sister. Bryan told the boys it was going to be a Boys Night, so they made a list of all the things they wanted to do while I was gone. I made a joke to Jacob that it's Boy Code to not tell me what happens during boys nights, so today when Bryan was telling me about something that happened last night, Jacob jumped up and yelled "BOY CODE!! DON'T TELL HER!!!" All I'm suppose to know is they had fun.


It was apparently a total raging party.


No comments: