So my birthday's coming up in a month and Bryan's been asking me what I want. I racked and racked and racked my brain (I really like that word. It makes it sound like I thought really really hard but sounds more sophisticated) and couldn't really think of anything. So I walked around the house and couldn't think of anything. It was kind of nice - I like being able to be somewhere and not wishing I had stuff - I like liking what I have. There's stuff that I want and stuff that'd be fun to have, but nothing I really wish I had or stuff I really want (that's easily obtainable. Not like a new house - because I do want that. And a horse). It made me feel content with where I am in life.
P.S. I put fake nails on yesterday and I like typing with fake nails. They make fun clicky sounds on the keyboard. So I guess I wish I had more to say - dang being content with life! It ruins everything!
3 comments:
You're so funny! While I'm sure it's frustrating to Brian that he doesn't know what to get you and you're not giving him any help, it should make him feel lucky and blessed that he's not married to one of those girls that always wants or "needs" SOMEthing. I have friends like that. Never really satisfied with what they have or where they're at so it's always a lot of buying random, meaningless things that add up to a lot of wasted money. :)
My idea: Dinner somewhere nice that you love but don't go often, dessert somewhere you can both sit and allow dinner to mellow out, stop by a gas station and buy bubble gum - have a bubble blowing contest. See who wins. :) And then go to a photo booth and get pictures taken to remember your fun night together. :) I'm talking photo booth like the one in the mall that's like $2 or something. They have one a the Orem KMART too.
I'd say just buy the house...since you'll get an 8000 dollar tax credit...and with intreset rates and the housing market low....yeah...just have him buy you a house...then you'll start a list of things you need/want for every birthday, christmas, mothersday, st patricks day...etc!! You'll get really excited over a rake or a new paint brush or a light fixture...it'll solve your need to think of something for you birthday and it'll solve his stress....Win Win!
I am the worst at coming up with things for presents. So good luck! I think you should ask for the horse! :)
Post a Comment