"Mustard?" I said.
"You're really going to need that? I don't think we'll eat it fast enough before it gets bad."
"That's not the point. We'll be able to barter with it."
"What?"
"Think about it. Someones kid breaks their leg and they need crutches. So you go to someone who knows how to make crutches and say I have 50 lbs of flour to trade for crutches. The guy says I already have 100 lbs of flour. I'm making bread and hot dog buns -I don't need flour. So then I come along and say I need crutches and I have mustard to trade."
"Oh, to go along with the hot dog buns?"
At this point he realizes he's lost the argument and is having a hard time not laughing, but won't give up. He insists that it's not the mustard that is the point of the argument. It's having something unique or a different flavoring that will be worth more so instead of stocking up on stuff like flour and canned tomatoes, we need to stock up on Worcestershire sauce and mustard. He also said he's going to buy 50 lbs of Polish Sausage and will need the mustard to eat them.
I think he's ridiculous. But if the end of the world comes and you need mustard, if he gets his way we'll have some ready for you.
3 comments:
Tell Brian I'll have seasonings in my storage as well, along with my flour and such...I'll share and I figure if one of my kids need crutches...we'll just leave them to die...just kidding...
I'm glad I could help with a little info. :-) Sorry it caused a little rift ;-). -- I could send you that list of food that stores for a whole year if you want it. It even lists mustard!!! ;-)
I'm coming over to your house when the world ends. I"m gonna have me some mustard... You guys always have the funniest stories!
Post a Comment