Jacob's figured out how to climb stairs (that's another post) and has transferred that information onto other objects, including this little activity table. Bad. News. Especially since his sense of balance is none existent. Tonight he pushed the table against this toy bin, climbed onto the table, then the toy bin, then the couch and was so proud of himself.
He didn't have any toys he could stand and play with, they were all sitting toys, so I found this on sale. It has two sides - this one and the other one has places for blocks. Bryan go so frustrated with his inability to build towers on the other side he said he wasn't allowed to play on the other side till he was older. That's ok - he really likes this side.
Bryan's parents sent him a couple of toys and he LOVES this one. It plays songs and makes other noises and the monkey bobs around on it.
Love Ikea. Love it. We've been planning a trip to Ikea for weeks (yeah, we have to plan way ahead of time these days) to get this fantastic bed frame I've been wanting for years. Here's some of the goods we got
Love Ikea. Love it. We've been planning a trip to Ikea for weeks (yeah, we have to plan way ahead of time these days) to get this fantastic bed frame I've been wanting for years. Here's some of the goods we got
My lovely lovely bed frame. They had the same set up in their display area that they had three years ago when I first saw it and I remembered how much I loved it. Bryan has a nightstand on his side with a magazine slot and a drawer and I have a small chest of drawers on my side. It's really, really low to the ground - I wanted a picture of Jacob by it so show how low it is but he was not cooperating. But when he's standing by it he can almost get his knee up on the ledge and get up onto the bed. It did meet the overly high expectations I set for it.
We got some small stuff, like a spatula and a non-stick pan, and Bryan will probably be sad I didn't include pictures of those, but I would get bored taking pictures of them, so I wasn't going to spend time doing that.
I got a hair cut last week that I LOVE - it barely hits my shoulders - and keep meaning to take pictures of my belly. I'll get on that and post pictures of what we tried to do to keep Jacob from going up the stairs and how he outsmarted us every time.
3 comments:
I love IKEA!!! I need to go and play there one of these days!
Here are my comments-
1st, I like the title, I thought you were saying Ikea was a naughty monkey.
2nd- Pictures of Jacob in a diaper...
C- I have been WAITING for pictures of this amazing bed frame. I can't wait until we get a bed frame...
4th- This was a long post. I like it.
E- Jacob is too freaking smart. Tell Bryan that Landon is not that smart.
Thats all.
We bought toy bins for Lily at Ikea :) love them!
Post a Comment