Saturday, August 27, 2011

Greenbrier

Greenbrier State Park is a lake with a sandy beach about 45 minutes away from Bryan's parents house. Bryan's parents bought Jacob a ton of toys and one of the things they got was a sand and water bucket set, with a couple of buckets, shovels, and sand castle molds. So Greenbrier was a great place to try it out.

The first thing we did was build Gus a bumbo chair in the sand so he could enjoy the beach with us.



He quickly started eating the sand, so we moved him off the beach.



It took Jacob a little while to ease into the water. He'd take a step or two in, then run out and dig in the sand, then walk back in a little deeper, and on and on and on till he would stay in the water.

Once he was comfortable in the water, he kept falling down. It was funny

When he was in the water, I tried to build an awesome sand castle, but he'd see me playing with his toys and run over and destroy anything I'd built. So I gave up after the third time I tried.



He just looked weird, so I put it in.



No comments: