Anyways, here's their stats.
Jacob - weight - 27 lbs 2 oz (70%), length - 31.5 inches(25%) and head - 19.5 inches(90%).
Ben - weight - 20 lbs 7 oz (90%), length - 28.5 inches(95%) and head - 18 inches(90%).
I honestly thought the doctor would tell us Jacob was getting too skinny and we needed to add more fat to his diet. Apparently he's just short. I can't figure out where the weight it hiding, though, since his 18 month pants are still big around the waist. It's probably mostly head weight. And I think it's hilarious that him and Gus are only 3 inches apart. Once Gus figures out how, he's going to be sitting on Jacob's head instead of the other way around.
Some funny (and punkish) things about them -
Gus laughs hard now, especially at Jacob. He thinks Jacob is just hilarious and Jacob loves having an audience, so he's even more goofy. Watching them interact is awesome. I have no idea what Jacob is saying, but apparently Gus does and he things it's hilarious.
Jacob can say a lot of stuff, but decides when and where he wants to say things. So he'll just spit stuff out and I'll try to get him to say it again, but he won't for a long time. Punk.
Speaking of punks, Gus can crawl, but will only do it at night when nobody's watching. His mattress is on the floor, there's stuff against the side of the mattress so he doesn't roll off and there's only about a foot opening for him to get out, yet he finds it and gets across the floor. I almost stepped on him again the other night because he was right next to the door - it's a good 4 feet from his mattress to the door. Yet I've never actually seen him crawl. Or roll over, for that matter, yet when I turn my back, he'll roll over. Punk.
Jacob is really good at puzzles and matching colors with the same colors now. Again, he'll only do it when he's in the mood, but when he does it he's pretty good. We've been working on naming colors and I'll catch him saying red sometimes, but when I point at something red, he just stares at me.
Jacob will grab my hands and pull on me when he wants me to stand up. The other day I was sitting on a kitchen chair and he comes over and grabs my hands, so I stand up and he squeezes past me and climbs up into the chair I was sitting in. Again - punk.
Jacob also likes to help with Gus now. He'll try to grab his clothes and drag him around (he doesn't actually move him at all. But it's funny to see him try), he sticks Gus' pacifier back in his mouth (usually after hitting his eyes or putting it in upside down or backwards) and gives Gus back his bottle when he drops it (getting milk all over his face and in his eyes).
Gus is great at sitting on his own, but when he does fall over he looks hilarious because his head is so big no matter which way he falls he flips and ends up on his stomach.
My sister took pictures of the boys today - I like that Gus's smile is just him opening his mouth really wide
This one is my very, very favorite. It makes Jacob look like he walks like a real person
Our attempt at pictures of them together
So slobbery
No comments:
Post a Comment