Sunday, October 9, 2011

What I've discovered

So I've been thinking Facebook is a big waste of my time.  How you want or do spend you time is up to you, so I'm not judging anyone who loves Facebook, but I went 24 years of my life without getting constant updates on people's lives and decided the last 4 years were not all that much better getting that much information about people every day.  Facebook does have it's benefits, so I'm not canceling my account, just made a resolution to only get on once a week maximum.  Instead of getting on Facebook, I'm going to either exercise, clean, read, sleep or learn stuff from blogs on one of these topics - new recipes, organizing tips, parenting tips or saving money.  The only exception is if I find an amazing product, like this one and have to share.  Cause it really is amazing. http://www.designboom.com/contest/view.php?contest_pk=16&item_pk=11744&p=1
The other thing I learned recently is Costco has the best frozen chicken around.  Well, I guess I can't make that claim, but so far it's the best I've tasted.  We ran out of the Kirkland brand and I didn't have time to run to Costco just for chicken and I was at Walmart, so I grabbed some chicken breasts there.   They had too many veins in them and were kind of fatty.  But with that stuff cut out, they were fine.  Then I was at Target, so I got a bag of chicken tenders.  They. Were. Disgusting.  Just rubber.  The only thing that made them even kind of edible was slow cooking them for 6 hours in a chili.  And they still had a rubbery texture even then.  Gross.  Maybe I got a bad bag, but I don't think I'll be buying Target brand chicken ever again.  
The last thing I've learned about myself is this - if the Church did not start nursery at 18 months, I would be inactive. Jacob started nursery today and it was the. best. day. ever. One of the primary counselors came in before Relief Society and told me I could put Jacob in nursery and I told her he was in nursery - we've been looking forward to this day since Jacob started walking.

1 comment:

Jenny Brimhall said...

I once bought like 4 bags of chicken from Target. I could not wait for them to be gone. They were super gross. So it wasn't just that bag you got.... Also, I like how your blog looks but the writing on the 2nd half was kind of small. I had to hold the computer super close to my face. And I have NEW contacts in my eyes today. And me and Brooke are best friends.