As far as Gus is concerned, I knew if we actually tried to trick or treat with him, we really would look like we were begging, since we had a legitimate trick-or-treater, so he was just going along with the ride. Because of this, I didn't want to spend more than a couple of dollars, if anything, on his costume. I put some of Jacob's 18 month clothes on him, so they were big and baggy and made him look like a thug. Then my friend told me she found a Yoda costume at a yard sale and could have it if I wanted it.
Unfortunately, that smile didn't last very long because he didn't like the head thing. We kept putting it on him to see if he'd get used to it, but he never did. We were bummed, especially since I knew it'd be cold when we went trick-or-treating and the ears would keep his ears warm. :(
So we went back to the thug costume and got him some cheap-o silver skull chain things to complete the outfit. He didn't make a very good thug, though. He kept smiling.
All his loot. I gave him three pieces yesterday and he didn't take a nap and was nuts-o all day - he doesn't get a lot of sugar usually - so we're going to cut back to only one piece a day.
I wanted to take a picture of him actually getting candy from a door, but we were going around my mom's neighborhood and we didn't know the people, so I realized it would be uncomfortable for the person handing out the candy and kind of a crazy-mom thing to do, so I refrained.
Here's some pictures I took leading up to Halloween
Decorating pumpkin cookies
It turned out super messy and he was literally bouncing off the walls afterwards. Literally. He'd run into the wall on purpose



2 comments:
Love all the pictures! Especially Gus's half smile :) where did you go to get full size candy bars? Lucky! Lily is a sugar addict compared to Jacob haha one piece would never satisfy her!
You're right, he's way too smiley for a thug! What happened to your grumpy baby? :)
Post a Comment